The Pixel Crush

-------------------------------------------|Digital Animation & Game Criticism|-------------------------------------------

Sunday 14 November 2010

11 Seconds of Forever II

Another week goes by and production seems to slow rather than quicken, its as if time creates a membrane through which my animation has to pass, each frame becoming harder to key.

Recently Dan posted a video that caught my attention (not least because of my recent Half Life experience of admiration, mild obsession, and ultimately disappointment). This  epic animation was done by James Benson who has some interesting tutorials demonstrating his approach to animating, which is more akin to stop motion than CGI. I found these pretty helpful, they're worth your time.

Here's my work in progress for this week, its developed quite a bit since last week but not necesarily in the ways I intended, for example less animating and more:

  • Camera Shake
  • Lighting
  • Fixed Eyes
  • Set Decorations
 


Click to enlarge:
Shiny Shot No. 2:

I'm just starting to hit my stride so with more hard work I'll have a finished block through for next week so I can start lip syncing! Thrilling stuff.

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Ollie, You are thus our main beauty man on our project, tough luck mate! :] x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY beauty man! you're gonna hate me when I triple your render times ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let The Discussion Begin: